Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:15:33 +0600
From: Abisheva Marian <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: From al-Farabi Kazakh National University (2) We'd like to ask for your assistance to find for us the American collaborator (partner) for joint projects under CRDF or ISTC. A brief description of the projects are enclosed. Thank you for your attention.
Prof. Z.A. Mansurov
al-Farabi Kazakh National University
<<Utilization of natural gases.doc>>
Office of International Relations
al-Farabi Kazakh National University
71 al-Farabi av., Almaty 480078, Kazakhstan
Tel.: 7-3272-472517 (ext. 1166)
“Utilization of natural gases into polycyclic aromatic carbons and mezophase pitches”
The aim of the project is utilization of natural and accompanying gases, which at present are burnt out in considerable quantities in the jets of petroleum refineries and at the places of petroleum production, causing a great ecological damage by various products of incomplete combustion. Getting of the mainly polycyclic aromatic carbons (PAC) and mezophase pitches is possible at low-temperature combustion of the flames, rich with a fuel, in the regime of carbon-black formation.
The main tasks:
- to receive the soot, saturated with PAC;
- to receive mezophaze pitches;
- to receive materials of various functions from the mezophaze pitches.
From saturated PAC of low-temperature combustion there will be educed the PAC: coronene, antantrene and others. From the pitches of extraction of low-temperature soots there will be received mezophaze pitches, and the method of receiving of carbon fibers will be developed.
“Physico-chemical transformations in the oil wastes and the development of its utilization”
The oil spill at oil production and transportation is connected with many negative phenomena such as the contamination of soil and water with oil sludges containing hydrocarbons, heavy metals etc. At present ecological situation in the West Kazakhstan region extreme, there are about 30 million tons oil were spilled. Vast territories of some thousand hectares were polluted as a result of failures on the oil pipelines. The problem of processing of oil wastes is not solved because of their stability, features of structure and properties constantly changing under atmosphere effect.
2. Name of project:
Physico-chemical transformations in the oil wastes and the development of its utilization (Физико-химические превращения в нефтяных отходах и разработка способов их утилизации)
Mansurov Zulkhair Aimukhametovich,
First Vice-Rector of al-Farabi Kazakh National University
Address: 71, Al-Farabi av., 480078
Almaty, Republic of Kazakhstan
Tel: 007 (3272) 471488 (add 1123)
Fax: 007 (3272) 472609
3. The aim of the project is development of technology of road and building bitumen, asphalt concrete mixtures production from oil wastes, including the investigation of composition and characteristics of initial wastes and final stable products. Usually, oil waste represent heavy oil remains, containing in average (mass %): petroleum products – 10-70, water – 10-40, solid admixtures – 5-80. Obtaining of road, building bitumen, asphalt concrete and other materials and establishment of relationship of oil wastes oxidation and transformation are important in cleanup of old oil fields from oil spills, that allow to use of oil wastes as alternative hydrocarbon sources.
It will be established the regimes of oil waste processing at different temperatures and air flow rates in special developed installation. The determination of composition and characteristics of initial material and products will be held by means of adsorption and liquid chromatography and also of methods, established by State Standard. The influence of organic and mineral part composition to the oxidation process will be investigated.
It will be developed the mathematical model of heat and masstransfer in oil waste at the influence of hot air stream at different oxidation regimes and initial composition and properties of waste.
4. Technical approach and methodology.
In the work the following methods of analysis and estimations will be used: method of adsorption and liquid chromatography, method of element analysis and State Standard methods for determination of physical-chemical indexes of oil wastes, bitumes and asphalt concretes.
Ё Chromatographic method of analysis will allow to determine the composition of hydrocarbon phase of wastes and products of theirs oxidation.
Ё Method of element analysis will allow to reveal change in elements’ content at processing of initial material.
Ё State Standard methods will be used for determination of physical and chemical properties of obtained products.
5. Scientific and commercial assignment.
Obtained results will allow to connect experimental conditions and composition of initial wastes and final products and allow to establish regimes of oxidation and stabilization of toxic hydrocarbons and heavy metals and it will make the contribution in the theory and practice of oil chemistry. Except it the concomitance of obtained experimental data can be used for development of technological processes of road and building bitumen production and for designing of oxidation installations and improve their technical-economical characteristics.
1. Patent KZ N 7304. Method of cold asphalt concrete obtaining / Mansurov Z.A., Tuleutaev B.K., Ongarbaev E.K. 15.03.99.
2. Patent KZ N 7881. Method for thermal processing of oil wastes / Mansurov Z.A., Tuleutaev B.K., Pleskach L.I., Dosymov B.S., Ongarbaev E.K. 15.09.99.
3. Mansurov Z.A., Ongarbaev E.K., Tuleutaev B.K. Non-waste technology of processing of mazut-polluted grounds // Abstracts of the II International Seminar “The influence of oil production and main oil pipe-lines on the environment”. Almaty, October 12-15, 1998. - P. 44-46.
4. Mansurov Z.A., Ongarbayev E.K. Oil wastes processing into road-building materials // Peports synopsis of the International Conference “Advanced Technologies for Oil-Polluted Soils, Waters and Oil Sludge Treatment”. - Moscow, 10-11 December 2001. - PP. 144-147.
“Technology of materials production for exact moulding of stomatological dentures”
Title of the Project: Technology of materials production for exact moulding of stomatological dentures
Aim of the Project: Developing of ecologically clean technology and organizing of production of heat-resistant packing masses of exact model moulding of stomatological dentures on the basis of Kazakhstan quartzites and phosphate bindings in order to meet the needs of stomatological clinics and to substitute import of packing masses in Central Asia and Kazakhstan.
General Stages of the Project:
Receiving of stabilized concentrated sols of silica
The technology of production of stabilized concentrated sols of silica
Organization of sol-gel process in heterogeneous dispersing medium (packing mass) on the basis of sols of silica in the presence of metal-phosphate bindings
Regulation of parameters of solidification processes of packing masses compositions at phosphate-silicate binding
Commercialization of the project on the basis of functioning production of packing masses in Almaty city
Production and selling of the output in the form of the completes of dry mixtures of packing masses and fluids for tempering;
Production of heat-resistant moulding masses of exact moulding by smelt models
1. Assistance in searching of the American collaborator (partner).
2. To inform the data (trademark, cost) of ball-mill of the attritor type of wet grind with uralite balls with the productivity 20 kg/h, output 80-90%, particles size up to 10 mcm.